Hi, just letting you know that all products recommended here have been used by me, or are properly researched to ensure they are the best you are getting without bias.
I am also an affiliate for certain Amazon products and this means that some links here are affiliate links. If you purchase an item through any of them, I MAY earn a commission at no extra cost on you.
Aerogardens in 2021 are an alternative to conventional gardening that are also undertaken to provide us with fresh vegetables, herbs and very attractive flowers too. Aerogardens are ideal for persons who may not have enough outdoor space to practice traditional gardening or those who are restricted by the weather to garden outside. They are reputed to be very easy to establish, maintain and nurture, in addition to the fact that they can be practised all year round without recourse to any seasonal limitations. By their natures, aerogardens are not known to be prone to plant diseases that are common complaints in conventional gardening.
These are just a few good things about aerogardening and in this post, I’ll be sharing with you a lot more about aerogarden and its general review in 2021.
Four Aerogardens With Lots Of Positive Reviews
In a hurry? Let me share with you the best 4 aerogardens of 2021 that have got tons of positive reviews (more information after the table).
|Product Name||Unique Feature||Price|
|Aerogarden Platinum 6 Elite Garden with Stainless Steel Finish||soft-touch panel that accords you easy control of all its functions always.||Check Price on amazon|
|Aerogarden Bounty Basic Indoor Hydroponic Herb Garden||sprouts your plants in days with a 100% germination guaranteed||Check Price on amazon|
|Aerogarden Farm 24 Basic (Classic Version)||enabled with Wi-Fi technology to make things a lot easier for you.||Check Price on amazon|
|AeroGarden Ultra with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit||uses advanced hydroponics to create an optimal environment for healthy, rapid plant growth.||Check Price on amazon|
Starting an aerogarden may be necessitated by several reasons, one of which is the desire to always get fresh uncontaminated plant products for the preparation of certain meals. If you are new to this and wondering why the hype around aerogardens, here are a few more reasons why it is the best gardening choice yet:
- There is the fact that aerogarden gives the possibility to have your garden at home even when you do not have the space to do that outside the house.
- The practice of aerogardening can also be done comfortably without the stress of hard demanding physical labour, which is an integral part of conventional gardening.
- Aerogardening is adjudged to be so easy that most of the activities regarding to caring of the plants can even be done while sitting. It is certainly gardening at ease.
- You can grow beautiful flowers for your decorations at home as most flowers thrive excellently in aerogardens.
- With aerogardens in 2021, a long time supply of vegetables, herbs and even spices is guaranteed all year long. You just have to do what is expected and you are sure to get all you need in no time.
What Customers Have To Say About Aerogardens (honest reviews)
Many people who practice aerogardening have found the process so beneficial that they have had to buy or give theirs out as gifts to loved ones, and also upgrade to other newer or bigger models. Immense praises are heaped on this simplified gardening method such that the number of people that practice it keeps growing. Who knows, you might be the next to join the bandwagon. Here are very honest reviews and opinions of other users who have used aerogarden in the past years:
- Most aerogardeners are quite impressed with the fact that the newer modern aerogardens are fitted with every conceivable feature to make growing plants inside the house a delight to undertake.
- With aerogarden, most people agree that you can give the plants all the necessary attention and care so that you can make harvests much earlier than it would have taken ordinarily on outdoor gardens.
- There is no limit to how much benefits you stand to reap when you engage in aerogarden diligently. This alone can be found on the lips of many users especially when going through reviews online about aerogardens.
- Most modern aerogardens now come with sleek and beautiful designs that make them quite irresistible to have at home, especially as there are both countertop and floor models too. The choice of which to use is entirely yours to make. This has also made customers love the system as it calms them down knowing it adds to beautify the home.
- Setting up your aerogarden is so easy that you do not require the attention of experts to accomplish. For this, many people who know almost nothing about gardening, in general, are falling in love with this.
- Most users have pointed out that they are also generally cheaper especially considering the benefits we get from them. Though how much you spend may be determined by the kind of device or unit you choose. All the same, they are cheap at whatever price.
- Of course, a lot of people have come to agree that they are also known to be very durable indeed. So much so that some models have been in use for many years without any complaints from the users.
- A good number of people have also said that the aerogardening process can lift moods, give a feeling of calmness and positively influence one’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Aerogardens can take away boredom, keep you productive all day and still provide you with some basic food items you need in the house without costing you much. Trust me, this part alone can be seen on every aerogarden product page online, especially Amazon.
Is an aerogarden easy to use?
Yes, they are indeed very easy to use. Starting from setting up the equipment down to the care, maintenance and cleaning of the aerogarden, they are all really an adventure to behold.
Come to think of it, the gadget will notify you when the plants need anything or when something is in short supply. Also impressive is the fact that most models of aerogardens are now equipped with a feature that enables the plants to do quite well even when you away on a journey, which is referred to as the Travel Mode. Aerogardens are, without any doubt, very easy to use by both newbies and old hands.
Do aerogardens work well?
To this question also, I make bold to answer, ‘Yes, they do’. Aerogardens work very well indeed, especially if you take the time to sanitize them regularly, at least once weekly. Obeying all safety precautions also helps to ensure that your aerogardens function efficiently.
For example, using well water or very softened water might affect both your aerogardens and the plants respectively. For this reason, you are advised to use only water certified harmless by the manufacturers and suppliers of these gadgets.
Cleaning them regularly, especially when the plants are dirty at their upper parts through the use of a clean towel or cloth serves to make them work more properly and for longer periods too. In summary, aerogardens in 2021 can work well when maintained well.
How does the aerogarden work?
After planting, Aerogardens work by utilizing an electrical pump that pushes water containing dissolved minerals and needed vitamins throughout the plants, thereby making sure that they are adequately fed.
Most of the aerogardens have specific light colour changes that tell you when your attention is needed. This could be for you to add water, nutrients and others. You are therefore advised to diligently study these colour changes in the guide so that you can cater for the plants properly.
Plant nutrients are also supplied in these aerogardens so that all you need to do is to add them when necessary. Aerogardens do not require soil to grow plants and this is one of the reasons why aerogardening is said to be a clean kind of farming, which is praiseworthy since the whole thing is done indoors. They can be regulated such that plant requirements for water and minerals is reduced at such times when you may not be around, like during travels. How aerogardens works are certainly very unique and commendable indeed.
An aerogarden quick and easy setup guide for users
If you get an aerogarden for the first time or you dismantled for any reason, like cleaning it or fixing something, you may want to set it up yourself without needing to get and pay a professional. To set up an aerogarden requires fitting the various parts together properly, just as explained in the accompanying user manual.
Let me still take you through the process of setting up your aerogarden in quick and easy steps:
First, insert the Light Post into the base of the aerogarden (the base is a platform on which the device itself rests on) by pushing it straight down and firmly.
This step involves plugging the Pump Power Cord into the Base too. The Pump Power Cord supplies electricity to the water pumping mechanism from the supply source.
At the top of the Light Post (which is usually a small vertical metal tube) of the aerogarden, is a small design into which the Light Hood will fit. In this step, you are required to place the Light Hood onto the Light Post, do this carefully but firmly.
Here you are required to plug the Light Cord into the Light Hood by pushing it lightly into the socket in the Light Hood. It is best if you do not connect the Light Hood to any other light source different from that for safety reasons.
Finally, complete the process by plugging the Power Cord into an Electrical Outlet which you want to use permanently to power your aerogarden when in use. After that, touch the Quick Plant Button on the control panel and you are good to go.
Congratulations, because, after accomplishing these steps, your aerogarden is most assuredly set up as it should be. By this, you are set to start growing your plants and harvesting when it’s time.
How well do aerogardens work at growing fresh produce inside a home?
Aerogardens are great when it comes to growing fresh plant produce at home since from the beginning to the end, the plants are provided with whatever they require to grow well and in the correct amounts too.
Also, as against the vegetables we buy from the market, which may not always be fresh (since they could stay in the store for some days before they sell them all off) and do not always come affordable, the plants grown at home are there for us. With homegrown gardening, we can plant and harvest whatever we require at any time we wish to use them. This ensures that we will always get very fresh supplies whenever we so desire.
A typical example of why it’s necessary to really have your own home garden whether indoor or outdoor is the total lockdown we all experienced due to the Covid-19 outbreak, pandemic in 2020. We can all testify that getting some foodstuff was war and in some cases, most people had to settle on whatever the government, religious bodies and others provide for them. But with your own garden, you can plant and harvest certain things you might need and have them handy for survival and healthy living.
Aerogarden plants thrive very well at home just like they do in outdoor gardens, but it should not be forgotten that one should grow only plants that are adjudged good for indoor gardening. This is because not all plants can be nurtured indoors, though the majority actually do well in aerogardens, but be sure to ascertain first before planting. Some grow too fast, wild and even heavy; such may not fit well in an aerogarden. But for such plants, there’s still a way out – you can grow them up until the stage where you can transplant them to a bigger place like your outdoor garden space.
How much does it cost to run an aerogarden in 2021?
The cost of running an aerogarden is not fixed, since these units come in different sizes, models and prices. Also, there is the cost of chemicals, like chlorine bleach and distilled vinegar, which are used in aerogarden sanitisation and cleaning. There is also the cost of cleaning tools and purchase of new and varieties of seeds for planting. Other additional expenses are also worthy of consideration such as water and electricity bills in running the device.
The estimated cost of an aerogarden
For our consideration, let me bring it down to an estimated cost you can expect:
- First, the prices of aerogardens start from around $20 to as high as thousands of dollars. The price is dependent on the aerogarden one chooses. There are different features, options, sizes, types models etc, of aerogardens and this is a determining factor of what it should cost.
- Next, the cost of the seeds/pods. The seeds/pods, whether pre-planted or plain, they cost from around $3 to as high as $530 depending on the type, size and quantity in each pack.
- Then we check the price of the chlorine bleach or distilled vinegar which you will need for cleaning and sanitising the aerogarden. This can cost between $12 to even $420 or more. But you do not need to spend much on this as you may only need small quantity each time you need to use it. Not to mention that you can buy anyone at all which mustn’t be a 100% raw product.
- We can also consider the podding kit. This may not be all that necessary if your own aerogarden device comes with it. But let’s just say if you ever want to replace yours or buy one if you don’t have, you should be looking at $8 to $210 or even higher.
- Other parts that may need repairing or replacement should also be considered. For instance the light hood, the cord, the base or anything else. Without a long warranty on your product, you may need to buy these things yourself. Let’s just say that you need between $13-$150 to get a good part when you ever have an issue with any.
- For electricity bills and water bills, well, this is not fixed as everybody pays different figures at different times. But for a good aerogarden with an average wattage, you should be looking at spending roughly between $30 to as high as $650 per month depending on how long you use it that period.
Practical example analysing the cost
Though the most expensive piece of equipment is the aerogarden itself, to get a good idea of the overall cost, we have to consider other requirements and their costs too. For this, I’ll make an illustration using the best of all the above.
Let’s say I decide to buy this Hydroponics Growing System which costs what you see below.
And then I go ahead to buy this 6 AeroGarden Salad Greens Mix Seed Pod Kit which costs the amount below.
If I choose to buy this Laundress – All-Purpose Bleach Alternative or this Heinz Distilled White Vinegar for the prices below.
And then I move to choose this Survival Garden 15,000 Non-GMO Heirloom Seeds for planting which costs what is below.
Let’s assume I want to purchase or replace a part, this Aceple Floor Grow Light with Stand costs
this AeroGarden Replacement Pump and this AeroGarden AeroVoir Garden Watering System costs
Then I get this AeroGarden Sponges that would come in handy if I do not want to use paper towels for cleaning, and this would cost
and this AeroGarden Grow Baskets costs
If my water and electricity bill which the unit is consuming per year is around $240 (rough estimate), it means at the end of everything I’ll be spending close to $xxx (to get the total which is not more than 3 figures, you can do the maths from the current prices shown in each of the products above as they change regularly) to successfully run my aerogarden to provide plant produce for me all year long.
Best aerogardening tips, hacks and tricks
To enjoy your aerogarden to the fullest, there are some very indispensable aerogardening tips you must follow to have a successful experience with your plants:
- The decision on what kinds of plants to grow and to assist you in this decision, you may have to make enquiries from experienced aerogardeners in your neighbourhood or through online research. From their response, you can double confirm what you know would thrive better.
- Having decided on what to grow, you should proceed to determine what kind of aerogarden will suit your choice, whether the countertop model or the floor model. The choice here will basically be dictated by the number of plants you plan to grow.
- When it comes to planting and to allow for sufficient light and air to reach the plants, you are advised not to use all the seed pods at once.
- Ensure that water and nutrients never run dry. Your aerogarden plants need to be fed always and that is done automatically. For this, you need to ensure that you fill and refill whenever necessary.
- Clean your aerogarden and plant once in a while to ensure fresh and neat produce always.
- Whenever it’s not in use, disconnect it from the power supply. This would help to make it last longer.
Best Four Aerogardens That Have Got Lots Of Positive Reviews
Some of the aerogardens that enjoy excellent reviews from customers are based on their amazing features and the durability they command when placed side by side with other competing brands. It may not be easy to just stumble upon an aerogarden and be lucky to have it meet your every gardening needs. But when you do, you would definitely enjoy everything about it for years to come. For this single reason, it’s very important to look out for aerogardens that have got lots of people saying positive things about it. Such aerogardens have stood the test of time and since a lot of people are using it and commending it, there’s a very high chance that it would serve you very well.
Wait, if you are looking for a buyer’s guide to set you on the right path when it comes to choosing the best aerogarden for yourself, click this link. There you would see a detailed guide to choosing the best aerogarden in 2021.
Moving on, I have gathered 4 of the best aerogardens that have got tons of positive reviews from users and ticks most of the boxes when it comes to getting best. Here they are, as well as where to get them at affordable prices:
This elite aerogarden made it to my number one spot for a reason and it is not far-fetched. This Elite Indoor Garden delivers bountiful harvests of fresh herbs, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, fresh salad greens, etc, any time of the year! Trust me, nothing is tastier than fresh herbs, salad greens, even vine-ripened cherry tomatoes picked fresh from your indoor garden. Most plant products gotten from indoor gardens contain more nutrients than the average store-bought ones from both conventional and organic sources.
- This aerogarden is known for exemplary durability because it is designed using top-notch materials like stainless steel which are also easy to clean.
- The soft-touch panel also accords you easy control of all its functions always.
- Since it has several seed pods, you can also plant a variety of seeds all at once. Simply plant and watch the marvel of this excellent equipment.
- The seeds are heirloom varieties, sourced organically when possible. This means you can enjoy plants that are non-GMO with no herbicides and no pesticides.
- With this, you can grow fresh herbs, flowers and veggies all year round in your home.
- The home garden system offers you the opportunity to always have fresh food items that are always in season since there are no planting restrictions on them.
- This smart countertop garden can add a unique beauty to your room as plants grow in an organized manner that won’t make your home look scattered.
- With a beautiful, platinum stainless steel finish, it will look great on any countertop you place it in your home.
- Up to 6 plants can be grown at a time and the plants grow in water, not soil. This is simply advanced hydroponics made simple.
- A high-performance, full-spectrum 20-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- The LCD control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add patented nutrients and automatically turns lights on and off.
- It includes 6-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & 3 oz. of patented nutrients; which are all enough for a full season of growth.
It can be bought, at the best possible prices, through this link. There you would be taken to the page on Amazon where you will find more about it, read what others have to say and also make your purchase.
Enjoy the magic of indoor gardening with amazing new features for a gratifying growing experience. Get fresh plants in-home all year-round and enhance your food, homes and lives through a simple and daily connection to what you grow. Enjoy all these and more with this Bounty Basic Aerogarden.
- Like most aerogardens, this is known for very efficient productivity and exemplary yield of fresh vegetables all year round.
- It is simply great for large harvests of herbs, salads, peppers, tomatoes and lots more.
- The LED Grow Lights deliver the perfect spectrum for fast growth and big plant harvests.
- This smart garden technology automatically turns lights on and off and also reminds you of when to add water and liquid plant food.
- It is energy efficient with its 30 Watt LED grow lights.
- To ensure variety in the plants grown, it is fitted with nine seed pods and also has six-inch tall trellis with natural and non-GMO seeds.
- The plants grow in water and not soil with this hydroponic growing system. This ensures there is no mess made in your home from using soil.
- You can grow up to 9 plants that are up to 24inches tall in your indoor garden. Just drop in the non-GMO, pre-seeded pods and watch them grow.
- This smart garden sprouts your plants in days with a 100% germination guaranteed; it allows you harvests in weeks and can last for months.
- Grow fresh herbs, spices, salads veggies right on your kitchen countertop with this indoor herb garden as it comes with a 9-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit.
- It has been hailed as the world’s leading countertop garden equipment by most authorities in indoor farming. You simply can’t beat its performance.
The product is readily available on Amazon through this link. There you would also find out a lot more information about it, see what others are saying before making your choice.
Make your eating lifestyle a healthy one with fresh and locally sourced plants you can get all by yourself using one of the best indoor gardens. With this Aerogarden Farm 24 Basic, you are guaranteed fresh farm produce all year long.
- It can accommodate plants that grow to extensive heights and is equally supplied with all the nutrients that will facilitate growth and bumper yield.
- This aerogarden includes a 24-pod seed kit. It is a mixture of heirloom greens, flavour-packed herbs, ripe, juicy cherry tomatoes and a 3oz bottle of patented, all-natural plant nutrients.
- The indoor garden can grow up to 24 plants that can grow up to 12 inches tall.
- The Aerogarden farm is enabled with Wi-Fi technology to make things a lot easier for you.
- It has control key hydroponics growing system features like turning lights on and off from your smart device via the free aeroGarden app.
- With reminders sent right to your phone, you’ll never miss a watering or feeding of your plants, and you’ll have easy 1 touch posting to social media for showing off pictures of your lush and beautiful garden with friends and family.
- The device can be easily operated with its soft screen touch panel.
- It has a very customer friendly after-purchase warranty in terms of sales.
- Everything about this aerogarden is meant to provide reliable customer satisfaction for the users. This is simply indoor gardening at its best.
For purchase and all other needs, you can visit this link to be taken to the page on Amazon for more details, reviews and purchase.
Eating fresh foods shouldn’t always come at a high cost. You can switch from store-bought food items to home-grown ones that are actually healthy and more available when you do it yourself. This Aerogarden Ultra promises lots of fresh foods and even flowers you and your family and friends would enjoy for a long time.
- The AeroGarden ULTRA is the extraordinary soil-free indoor garden that grows plants 5 times faster than soil
- It makes a great seed starter for your outdoor garden too by delivering perfect light, water and nutrients for healthy starts.
- It’s a highly effective cloner for rooting cuttings of plants like basil and tomatoes. And it opens the doors to more exotic plants like orchids, roses and some of the world’s hottest peppers like Scorpions or the Carolina Reaper.
- Just drop in the pre-seeded pods, add water and the specially formulated Liquid Nutrients. Your plants can germinate in just a few days and will be ready for harvesting in a few weeks. Plus, it will keep producing continuous harvests for up to 6 months and longer.
- The AeroGarden ULTRA assembles in just minutes without tools and comes with everything you need to start growing.
- It includes 3 high-performance, full-spectrum CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light) Grow Lights to make plant growing a lot easier.
- The AeroGarden uses advanced hydroponics to create an optimal environment for healthy, rapid plant growth. The reservoir provides the root system with an abundant balance of oxygen, water, and nutrients to enable plants to grow faster.
- The ULTRA aerogarden can deliver a bounty of fresh produce to serve you even in the middle of winter.
- There is an advanced, easy-to-use control panel has an interactive LCD that utilizes on-screen prompts to guide you step by step in setting up through harvest
- It includes a 7-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit that contains Genovese Basil, Thai Basil, Chives, Cilantro, Curly Parsley, Dill and Mint.
With these myriads of aerogardens readily available in the market; considering their extensive features, indoor gardening has been made as easy as spreading the sheets when making your bed or setting up the dining table for a family meal.
I can bet this post has shown you a whole lot about what people think about aerogardens in general and more. Now you can confidently venture into it and start getting satisfactory plant yield at all times. Indoor gardening can be so much fun while also been very useful for you.